NEW YEAR, NEW VAN: VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES EXTENDS SCRAPPAGE SCHEME FOR 2018
Jan 8, 2018
- Encourages scrappage of older diesel vehicles against purchase of latest Euro 6 models
- Incentives of up to £2,000, on top of existing retail offers, according to model, available to new petrol and diesel vans
- Vehicles traded in will be scrapped rather than sold on
- Offers available to owners of pre-Euro 5 diesel vehicles registered before 2010
There’s good news for businesses looking to freshen up their company transport in 2018: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has extended the scrappage scheme launched in September 2017 to encourage the exchange of latest generation, lower-emission new vehicles, in tandem with the removal of older, Euro 1-41 emissions standards vehicles from the UK.
Owners of diesel vehicles that comply with pre-Euro 5 emissions legislation qualify for the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles scrappage scheme2. They can trade-in their vehicles and benefit from incentives – ranging from £1,000 to £2,000 – against the majority of new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles vans (see table below) that are ordered by 31 March 2018 and registered before 30 June 2018. The trade-in vehicle needs to have been owned by the customer for at least six months.
All new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles petrol and diesel models meet the latest Euro 6 emissions standards, currently the most stringent yet.
The offer runs in conjunction with other attractive new year offers for businesses looking for a fresh new van for 2018. For example, combine the £2,000 scrappage scheme incentive on any Caddy with the current retail offer and there’s a saving of up to £3,500.
For more details on the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles scrappage scheme visit https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/offers-finance/offers/scrappage.html. For details of all new year offers, visit your local Van centre or go to https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/offers-finance/offers.html.
Summary of offers on Euro 6 petrol and diesel models:
Scrappage Scheme saving
Caddy Panel Van & Caddy Life (SWB & LWB)
Transporter Panel Van and Kombi
Notes for Editors:
1 Euro emissions standards
The ‘Euro 1‘ standard was introduced in 1992 to help reduce vehicle emissions. Progressively more stringent Euro standards have been implemented since then, helping to lower emissions still further. The current ‘Euro 6‘ standard that all new petrol and diesel cars must meet is the toughest yet.
2 Further offer details
- Incentive applies only to diesel vehicles (any make/model) that meet Euro 1-4 legislation, registered before 1 January 2010
- Traded-in vehicle needs to have been registered in the owner’s name for at least six months
- Trade-in vehicle must be scrapped
- Applies to orders placed from 1 January to 31 March 2018, to be registered by 30 June 2018
- Only available on retail orders
- Can be used in conjunction with other, existing retail offers across the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles range. See nearest Van Centre for retail offers.
- For full details visit https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/offers-finance/offers/scrappage.html
About Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Over 60 years ago, the first Transporter arrived in the UK, creating a blueprint which others would follow: a van which gets the job done efficiently and reliably. Today, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles offers a diverse model range – from the compact Caddy, through the evergreen Transporter and sturdy Crafter panel vans, dropsides and tippers, to the Caravelle passenger carrier, California camper and the Amarok pick-up. The vehicles are as versatile and dependable as Volkswagens have always been, but now they’re more spacious, more comfortable and safer than ever.
Every van also comes backed by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ ‘Working With You’ promise. It’s a commitment to work in partnership with businesses, providing them with the best products and aftersales support, whether they’re buying one or a thousand vans. For more information visit www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk.
For more information, please contact Amy Allen, Product Affairs Manager, on 01908 548210 or 07983 535116, or Kate Thompson, Head of Press and Public Relations, on 01908 601478 or 07713 265562.